[GRCon'22] Call for Participation for the GNU Radio Conference 2022 is o

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: [GRCon'22] Call for Participation for the GNU Radio Conference 2022 is open! || Call for Sponsorship
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 11:20:52 +0100

Dear Community,

Submission for talks, papers, workshops, and other contributions are now being accepted through the GRCon'22 website.

https://events.gnuradio.org/event/18/page/56-call-for-participation-guidelines

This call for participation closes on 27 June 2022, so remember to send in your Abstract till then.

A tiny bit about the GNU Radio conference:

GRCon is GNU Radio's annual conference, being held in changing cities in the U.S., and also live-streamed and chat-interacted online. Online watching and interaction are free (in terms of the talks). Registration for the in-person event starts in April.

GRCon'22 happens 26 – 30 September in Washington, DC.

What GRCon offers is a main track of presentations with topics on GNU Radio, applications of SDR / high-rate signal processing, computational radio science, scientific and industry developments, policy and technological breakthroughs.

Next to that, there's tutorials on specific topics, a poster session, Special Interest Groups and the developer's summit, which is the get-together for the project developers.
Oh, and of course, there's social events, happening at local highlight
locations.

If you have *any* question (and I mean that – we're trying to make GRCon as accommodating as possible) about GRCon, be it about attendance, online participation, content submission or other problems related to the conference, we want you to reach out: Here on the mailing list, on the chat (https://chat.gnuradio.org), or in a private email to the GRCon organizers (grcon@gnuradio.org).

Now, clearly, this all requires significant funds to set up – with a history of more than 300 in-person attendees prior to covid, and the live video streams hitting beyond 3400 views last year, venue search is complicated, video, audio and online infrastructure quality and stability is of utmost importance. As in previous years, we do not intend to push all these costs onto the attendees alone; instead, it has proven mutually advantagous to have sponsors contribute to the conference, and be present in various forms to the audience. If your company is interested in reaching a high-profile, technical and social audience, please do see https://events.gnuradio.org/event/18/page/49-sponsorship-opportunities and reach out to sponsor@gnuradio.org .

Best regards, and: see you in person in DC or online end of September,
Marcus