Constellation Modulation modifies packet length

From: Taylor Clark
Subject: Constellation Modulation modifies packet length
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 15:19:44 -0400

Hello all,
I was having some problems with OFDM so I have been trying to implement my own modulation and demodulation of packets. Using the header generator default and some stream muxing, I have the following flowgraph. I understand synchronizations should be placed within this flow graph as a few other optimizations should be made. However, after modulation, the muxed streams seem to lose the original packet length, making the stream demuxer unviable(As I cannot separate them by lengths). I can still see the key from my original transmission but but am unable to separate it from the other data. I believe the packet length is updated when I modulate the data but it is never changed back by the constellation decoder. I am also having trouble understanding how the header/payload demuxer works, as the header is still included in the output of the payload port. I have seen other examples of the modulation happening to the header and payload individually, but the lengths are unknown to me. Please let me know if anyone has any input or comments on improving this or clarification on any of these blocks.