Re: Why is OFDM_loopback slow with Random Source

From: Taylor Clark
Subject: Re: Why is OFDM_loopback slow with Random Source
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 15:21:35 -0400

Thanks for biting, I actually had a lot of luck getting it to run a bit faster but it seems to perform quite badly on the B205 and X310, as timing still was an issue. I have since moved into a much simpler design as I am not in the field of signal processing. I hope you have a good day!

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 5:11 PM Cinaed Simson <cinaed.simson@gmail.com> wrote:

On 3/23/22 13:10, Taylor Clark wrote:
> Good evening,
> I have been doing some work with packet modulation and I ran
> across the OFDM_Loopback.grc file. I initially did some test with my
> ZMQ Server and the data rate was terrible. Thinking it was my
> datasource, I did some other test until I decided to use GNU Radios
> random Source block as an input. To my surprise, it was just as slow
> and I really can't figure out why. My CPU isnt terrible, is this
> GNURADIOS internal data processing at work or am I not understanding
> how it was meant to be used?
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Respectfully,
> Taylor Clark

Okay, I'll bite.

Please post the GRC file you're currently running - not the one you
downloaded -  the devil is in the details.

Please post the version of your the gnuradio and the OS - and model of
the machine since you suspect it might be a problem.

-- Cinaed