Why is OFDM_loopback slow with Random Source

From: Taylor Clark
Subject: Why is OFDM_loopback slow with Random Source
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:10:48 -0400

Good evening,
I have been doing some work with packet modulation and I ran across the OFDM_Loopback.grc file. I initially did some test with my ZMQ Server and the data rate was terrible. Thinking it was my datasource, I did some other test until I decided to use GNU Radios random Source block as an input. To my surprise, it was just as slow and I really can't figure out why. My CPU isnt terrible, is this GNURADIOS internal data processing at work or am I not understanding how it was meant to be used?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Respectfully,
Taylor Clark