Re: Performance counters in GNU Radio

From: Ryan Volz
Subject: Re: Performance counters in GNU Radio
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 14:07:55 -0400

Hi Marcin,

On 5/10/22 9:40 AM, Marcin Puchlik via GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source Toolkit for Software Radio wrote:
Hi,
I am using GNU Radio which I installed from binary (3.10.1.1). I am creating my own OOT and I would like to use /Performance Counters/ features like pc_nproduced() function. Here <https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Performance_Counters> I found that they are not enabled by default and I saw that this function returns 0.0 . Does it force me to install GNU Radio from source and during compile time enable the /Performance Counters? /
Thanks

Despite what the wiki page says, it appears that performance counters are ENABLED during build by default:

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/c6e8dae799b7dc0fecff1081fdd9ef4e405bfde4/CMakeLists.txt#L168

So it is likely that your binaries have been built with them enabled, and that you just need to enable them at runtime through your configuration. I don't have any experience with that, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Ryan