RE: Re: Performance counters in GNU Radio

From: Jim Melton
Subject: RE: Re: Performance counters in GNU Radio
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 18:13:18 +0000

You need:

[PerfCounters]
on = True

in $HOME/.gnuradio/config.conf

---
Jim Melton

-----Original Message-----
From: Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+jim.melton=sncorp.com@gnu.org>
On Behalf Of Ryan Volz
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 12:08
To: Marcin Puchlik <m.puchlik@is-wireless.com>; GNURadio Discussion List
<discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Performance counters in GNU Radio

Hi Marcin,

On 5/10/22 9:40 AM, Marcin Puchlik via GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source
Toolkit for Software Radio wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using GNU Radio which I installed from binary (3.10.1.1). I am
> creating my own OOT and I would like to use /Performance Counters/
> features like pc_nproduced() function. Here
> <https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Performance_Counters> I found
> that they are not enabled by default and I saw that this function
> returns 0.0 . Does it force me to install GNU Radio from source and
> during compile time enable the /Performance Counters? / Thanks

Despite what the wiki page says, it appears that performance counters are
ENABLED during build by default:

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/c6e8dae799b7dc0fecff1081fdd9ef4e405bfde4/CMakeLists.txt#L168

So it is likely that your binaries have been built with them enabled, and that
you just need to enable them at runtime through your configuration. I don't
have any experience with that, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Ryan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - SNC EMAIL: This email and any attachments are
confidential, may contain proprietary, protected, or export controlled
information, and are intended for the use of the intended recipients only. Any
review, reliance, distribution, disclosure, or forwarding of this email and/or
attachments outside of Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) without express written
approval of the sender, except to the extent required to further properly
approved SNC business purposes, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving in any manner. --- Thank
You.