Re: Time Partitioned FFT

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: Time Partitioned FFT
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 18:34:40 -0700

Why?

How would this work on a 2-core ARM SBC vs some fancy 32-core workstation?
What about the incoming sample rate? Are you getting 2Msps from an RTLSDR, or 200Msps from a very powerful instrument?
And how many points is your FFT?
What are you doing with the output of the FFT?
1000ms / 40ms interval = up to 25 parallel FFT threads... do you have the memory bandwidth to support this?

In other words: what problem are you trying to solve?