Problems with compiling oot module from gnuradio-companion on Ubuntu 20.

From: Karlee Brannam
Subject: Problems with compiling oot module from gnuradio-companion on Ubuntu 20.04 (gnuradio 3.8.1.0)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 21:21:02 +0000

Hello,

I am new to gnuradio and have completed the tutorials for creating custom oot modules. I am trying to implement an instrumentation, such as the ones given in gnuradio-qtgui. I have referred to the gitlab with the source code and created a oot module with a block that compiles with nothing in the window. However, I am struggling to implement my qtwidget class with the block. It gives me an error "(name of module) has no attribute to (oot block)".

I have set the libraries and paths in my Cmakelists.txt and set my python and library paths. I have checked to make sure all my dependencies are up to date. I pass a QWidget pointer as a parameter in all the needed methods and referenced it in my implementation file.

If you could help point me towards a simple example or instructions on how to create an instrumentation, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
-Karlee

Karlee Brannam
Software Engineer