Re: Problems with compiling oot module from gnuradio-companion on Ubuntu

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: Problems with compiling oot module from gnuradio-companion on Ubuntu 20.04 (gnuradio 3.8.1.0)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 22:06:34 +0300

Hi Karlee,

On 08/10/2022 00.21, Karlee Brannam wrote:
> I am new to gnuradio and have completed the tutorials for creating custom oot
> modules.

Welcome to GNU Radio! How did you install gnuradio and which version? Which OS
are you using?

> I am trying to implement an instrumentation, such as the ones given in
> gnuradio-qtgui. I have referred to the gitlab with the source code and
> created a oot module with a block that compiles with nothing in the window.
> However, I am struggling to implement my qtwidget class with the block. It
> gives me an error "(name of module) has no attribute to (oot block)".
>
> I have set the libraries and paths in my Cmakelists.txt and set my python and
> library paths. I have checked to make sure all my dependencies are up to
> date. I pass a QWidget pointer as a parameter in all the needed methods and
> referenced it in my implementation file.
>
> If you could help point me towards a simple example or instructions on how to
> create an instrumentation, that would be greatly appreciated!

In case you are using Linux then check if you have undefined symbols/references
in the .so (shared object) file. Go in your OOT's build directory and execute

  ldd -r lib/lib*.so

and provide the full output.

Also open `python/__init__.py`, change `ImportError` to `ModuleNotFoundError`
and then reinstall and retest.

Best Regards,
Vasil