burst mode for hackrf one

From: Roland Schwarz
Subject: burst mode for hackrf one
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 14:00:03 +0100

Unfortunately it seem I put the cart before the horse by having submitted a bug request about something I expected to work but now find needs more thought. I hope this mailing list is the right place for discussion.

HackRF One is a device designed for half duplex operations, this is why I believe it is safe to assume it will be able to do burst transmissions on a hardware level.

Unfortunately the gr-soapy driver, which implements burst transmission which will work with UHD (at least I have been told so), don't work with the SoapyHackRF driver to do burst mode.

So far I have not found a description or even mentioning of burst mode in the soapy driver model documents. Since I was told the gr-soapy driver will work with UHD I was looking for a SoapyUHD or the like, but there is none.

I found
Soapy BladeRF Sink
Soapy Custom Sink
Soapy HackRF Sink
Soapy LimeSDR Sink
Soapy PLUTO Sink

however not Soapy UHD Sink. What am I misunderstaning here?

Has anyone already considered burst mode or has experience with any of BladeRF, LimeSDR or PLUTO drivers?

Thank you for consideration, Roland