Re: 回复: 回复: Problems implementing USRP b210 dual channel transceiver

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: 回复: 回复: Problems implementing USRP b210 dual channel transceiver
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 15:41:07 -0500

On 07/12/2022 07:49, 能书能言 wrote:
    The number of data packets in ① is not correct, but the number of data packets in ② is correct. Therefore, to avoid more problems, I choose ②.     By viewing the pictures in the attachment and your explanation, f_ RF is LO frequency? Then the two channels share one LO, so setting f_ Offset adjusts the frequency to f_ target?
     I tried the following:
        freq1=   2.4G
        freq2=   2.39G
        lo_off1=   5M
        lo_off2=  -5M
        samp_rate=300K
    But the problem still exists, and the bit error rate is very high : (
Another thing I forgot to say is that I did a dual channel transmission experiment before (I call it experiment A. ), and the parameter settings are the same as when I first set them(freq1 = 2.4G, freq2=2.39G, lo_off1=2M, lo_off2=-2M,samp_rate=300k),which performs very well. The only difference between experiment A and this experiment now is that the modulation of the signals on the RFA and RFB of experiment A are different. I copied the USRP sink and USRP source components directly from the GRC of experiment A, and the parameter settings are the same, experiment A performed very well, but in this experiment a high BER occurred, so now I am confused where the problem lies
Best regards!

You need to look *in detail* about how tune_request works.

In particular, the default policy for both the rf_freq and the dsp_freq is *AUTO*, which is not what you want in this case:

https://files.ettus.com/manual/structuhd_1_1tune__request__t.html

You likely want to tune the LO to half-way between your two desired frequencies, and then use DSP offsets from that.

With a policy of "auto", it will try to tune the chip so that the specified frequency appears in the baseband, but using
  an offset tuning--that's not *quite* what you want.

You need to specify the same (in-the-middle) rf_freq for both channels, with MANUAL policy, and set the DSP offset
  appropriately, again with MANUAL policy.