Apple/GNUStep compatibility?

From: Steve Núñez
Subject: Apple/GNUStep compatibility?
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:50:36 +0000

Hi All,

I've been working with the launchpad release and think that it's fairly stable
for back end work. What I need to determine next is the state of the front end
libraries and their compatibility with Apple. I need a good front end
development environment, with the idea that the work will be portable to other
Unix's, and ideally M$ Windoze as well.

Does anyone have any ideas about if this is possible, or will be in the near
future? Will an application developed in Apple's IB be portable to GNUStep? Is
a GNUStep app portable to MS Windows? Any other suggestions on rapidly
developing applications that will run on at least Unix and MS Windows?

Regards,
        - Steve