Re: FreeBSD port of Launchpad 1.0.1

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: FreeBSD port of Launchpad 1.0.1
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:45:55 -0700

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 01:55:51 -0500
Kim Shrier <kim@tinker.com> wrote:
> I am thinking of making up FreeBSD ports for all the components
> of Launchpad 1.0.1.  Before I start, I was wondering if anybody
> else is already doing this.  If not, I was thinking of creating
> a separate port for each part:
>       ffcall        1.8a

Not neccessary, see /usr/ports/devel/ffcall, which works fine
with GNUstep.

>       libobjc       1.0.1
>       GNUstep Make  1.0.1
>       GNUstep Base  1.0.1
>       GNUstep Guile 1.0.1
>       Jigs          1.2.6
> I am also thinking of doing a GNUstep Launchpad meta-port which
> will invoke all of the above ports.  Comments or suggestions?

I've started working on that, but I'm still trying to figure out
a way, how to (more or less) automate the installation of
        - gnustep-make
        - gnustep-objc
        - gnustep-make
in one (or atleast just two) step(s). Right now, "my" port requires
you to install gnustep-make and gnustep-objc, then you need to
re-install gnustep-make again. And you need to run GNUstep.(c)sh by
hand. Guile and Jigs are not used, but dgs-0.5.10, xgps and xdps are.

But as far as I know Thomas Gellekum is already working on a new port.

--
Chris