Re: some feedback

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: some feedback
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:02:54 +0200 (CEST)

> I've another question for you:
>   there is some guide/tutorial/manual/examples about the gnustep-base
> library ?
> I've already seen "gnustep-base-1.0.1/Documentation/gsdoc/Base.html" but
> it does not seems very effective as an introduction.
>
> I've already an Objective C manual.

I wrote a couple of related tutorials for non-gui stuff,

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/
http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/BasicClasses/

(the second one is probably what you want).  The main important topic
which is not covered in these tutorials is memory management - retain,
release, autorelease - which you probably need to learn somewhere on
Apple's site or similar.  Apple reference documentation for their
Foundation library (and other Apple doc and also non-Apple doc teaching
Apple Foundation stuff) could then be useful, somewhere starting from

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Cocoa/CocoaTopics.html

I wish we had full free documentation and need not to refer people to
Apple's one - argh - but we don't yet.