RE: gnustep compared to other toolkits

From: Mondragon, Ian
Subject: RE: gnustep compared to other toolkits
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:56:07 -0500

i agree with you on them being used to KDE in terms of look & feel, and even
more so on the "more GS users..." bit.  but i think that even seriously
considering such a thing is rediculous.  GNUstep is GNUstep.  KDE is KDE.
GNOME is crap...i mean, GNOME <grin>.  they're all different because they
all have different goals:

        - GNUstep : be NeXT-like, but better.
        - KDE     : be as friendly to windoze users coming to *NIX as
possible.
        - GNOME   : show KDE that we can throw a fit and do what they do
better.

so, yes, GNUstep apps may look like aliens inside of KDE, but that's because
they *are* alien.  maybe KDE should make thier apps more GNUstep-like. :-)

- ian