Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:26:28 +0200

Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de wrote:
> I'm emphatically opposed to these ideas!
>
> There are more than enough windows look-alikes, no reaseon to make
> gnustep into another one.

I think you misunderstood it a bit. Of course the 'default' GNUstep UI
should not go away !! I absolutly agree that NeXTstep UI is just great.

But it would be nice to have GNUstep customizable so that it can adopt
better if used in other environments. I would guess that a default for
placing the menues into the window wouldn't be too difficult to
implement, but would help making GS accessible on some WMs at all (as
mentioned the last time I checked I couldn't use GS on Exceed at all,
because the menues didn't work).

Greetings
  Helge