Re: Memory Leak in GDO

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Memory Leak in GDO
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:48:18 +0100

On Wednesday, June 27, 2001, at 09:52 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On Wednesday, June 27, 2001, at 09:44 AM, Rene Cornils wrote:

I've checked the simple example with 1.0.2. Although memory growing
seems not to be as rapid as before, both sides still comsume more and
more memory. The server starts with 2.4MB (top), reaching more than
10MB after some minutes (client running).

If this problem doesn't occur on your system, what's the trick?
I'm using gcc 2.95.2, ffcall-1.8a, make-1.0.1, objc-1.0.1,
base-1.0.2 compiled with
    LIBS=-posix; ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/GNUstep
    make shared=yes debug=no install

I left the client and server running for hours - without any measurable memory leak.

I'm running using gcc-3.0, with make and base from CVS

I'm not using ffcall on my system ... I'll look there for possible leaks.

Ok ... tracked down to ffcall related problems.
I've committed a fix to CVS.

Thanks for the bug report ... it helped solve a problem that was puzzling me on a machine
where the ffcall library was used.