Re: Library directories

From: Lyndon Tremblay
Subject: Re: Library directories
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:25:56 +0000

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> On Saturday, July 28, 2001, at 09:14 PM, Lyndon Tremblay wrote:
>
> > Would it be more convenient to have -L./$(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR) added to all
> > project makefiles by default?
>
> Don't think so ... surely it would only help where you are building a
> library
> in the same directory as a tool?  I tend to try to keep my software
> components
> separated.  Am I missing something?

If the shared_obj/ directories are basically created to keep objects
seperate from the rest of a project's files (besides keeping
architectures seperated), it would be convinient to have it added by
default... if for example, one was to build all of a project's
subprojects into one object dir, or in your example.

--humasect