Swing Look & Feel

From: Gregory Martin Pfeil
Subject: Swing Look & Feel
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:14:32 -0600

I've been thinking about making a Java Swing Look & Feel that mimics
the GnuStep look. Ideally, I'd like to have it use widgets directly
from the GnuStep codebase (so if something is changed, the L&F is
updated dynamically -- that's how the Aqua L&F works).

Anyway, my question is whether this falls under the scope of the
GnuStep project itself, or should be merged in at a higher level --
the SimplyGnuStep Linux distro, for example.

The other thing I'm wondering (having not looked at the codebase at
all yet), is whether its feasible to make the xdps backend
"themeable". In general, I'm not a big fan of themes, but I think it
could be useful to have a few different options. For example, a pure
NextStep 3.3 theme, an Aqua theme, and maybe a third which may be just
the NextStep one with some tweaks or whatever.