RE: Interface WM [Was: RE: Window managers and GNUstep]

From: Mondragon, Ian
Subject: RE: Interface WM [Was: RE: Window managers and GNUstep]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:48:30 -0600

true, but i think i started Interface quite a while before "WOOM" came into
existance :-)

in fact, i did so after an exaustive search for an objc window manager that
proved fruitless.  and seeing as how i'm significantly more stubborn than
most people would like me to be, i'll be pounding away at Interface even
harder to ensure it's success since i've got some sort of unofficial
competition now <evil grin>. (perhaps a slogan would help? "Interface.  The
real thing."?)

speaking of the GNUstep replacement of WINGs in GNUstep...i had given that
some consideration in the beginning, but, to be honest, the WindowMaker
codebase gets pretty ugly in my eyes, so i didn't go that route.

- ian