Back from FOSDEM

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Back from FOSDEM
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:06:26 -0700

I'm finally back from FOSDEM and my whirlwind tour of Europe (well just Paris and Belgium). It was great to meet all the developers there and see so many people interested in GNUstep. It was inspiring.

We discussed a few things at the developer's meeting. One thing is to try to make more frequent releases, perhaps every 6-8 weeks. These releases will be less stable. Another topic of discussion was trying to make it easier for people to start using GNUstep (compiling and installing). We didn't reach a conclusion on that, however.

Here's a list of priorities we discussed for the near future (that I can remember).

Text and Glyph improvements!!
Better drawing support (perhaps with OpenGL)
Windows backend
Documentation
Gorm improvements
CORBA (if we can find someone to do it).

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you