Re: Interface 0.1a Available

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Interface 0.1a Available
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:16:24 +0000

On Thursday, February 28, 2002, at 04:27 AM, Ian Mondragon wrote:

Tim -

Hurm...interresting list of problems...and thank you for reporting them so
quickly (and for trying out Interface!!!).  So here we go...

Installation failed.  The error was as follows:

/usr/bin/install -c  -m 0755 \
         shared_obj/interface \
         ~harrison/GNUstep/Tools/.
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
`~harrison/GNUstep/Tools/.': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install-tool] Error 1
make: *** [interface.install.tool.variables] Error 2

did ~/GNUstep/Tools/ exist? that on kind of befudles me, but i don't believe that's actually Interface-related. sounds like a problem with your GNUstep
stuff...but anybody, please correct me if i'm wrong.

This is a GNUstep problem which I'm responsible for.  It was caused by my
attempt to solve a (less severe) problem with path handling and consistency
between make and base.

I think I have a good solution worked out in my head ... but it's going to
take a few days to actually implement.

In the meantime, you can edit GNUstep.sh and remove $(LOGNAME) from the
user root (actually, I think I'll do that in CVS now anyway).