Re: forcing window to close last

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: forcing window to close last
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 14:35:39 -0600

Matthew Weinstein wrote:
Dear list, things are calmer now that I realize that I can no longer count on NSString characterAtIndex: to return a NULL if it's at the end...

Now I'm wondering what is the proper way to assure that a window or panel is closed last of all. I have a panel which must remain open during the quitting process in case the user decides to cancel. I force the window to the back in the app's delegate shouldTerminate method, is that sufficient?

That doesn't sound like it will work, since the application is not processing events at that point, so the user won't be able to do anything.

If you need to do some kind of cleanup on exit, I'd suggest doing it in the applicationShouldTerminate method (perhaps in a modal session?).

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you