Re: Problem with (using) autogsdoc

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Problem with (using) autogsdoc
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:23:27 -0700

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:15:26 +0100
Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday, September 16, 2002, at 08:47 PM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm having some problems using 'autogsdoc' to document some source
> > code. It does a reasonable good job on "flat" directory layouts, that
> > is, one directory containing all the source and the GNUmakefile(s).
> > There seems to be a (minor) problem though, that Functions.html does
> > not have an [Up]
> > link, even when specifically defined in xxx_AGSDOC_FLAGS.
> I guess that's because Functions.gsdoc is a template into which the
> function documentation is inserted, rather than a wholly generated
> document. Perhaps that should be changed (or the default content of the
> template should take account of the flags).

Since the classes files do have the [Up] link, I think it's not that
tragic. Would be nice though.

[...]
> > What would be the easiest way to create the HTML/gsdoc documentation
> > with MyFramework.html as the "index" file? I always end up either
> > overriding the previous entries in MyFramework.html, or 'autogsdoc'
> > complaining about sth like "<xxx>.m not where expected"...
> Something like this in the top level makefile ...
> DOCUMENT_NAME=MyFramework
> MyFramework_AGSDOC_FILES =\
>      MyFramework.gsdoc \
>      Extension.subproj/Extension1.h \
>      Extension.subproj/Extension2.h \
>      Extension.subproj/Extension3.h \
>      Functions.subproj/Functions1.h \
>      Functions.subproj/Functions2.h \
>      PrincipalClass.h \
>      SubClass1.subproj/SubClass1.h \
>      SubClass2.subproj/SubClass2.h \

That's what I thought, too - alas that's when I get the "XXX.m source
file is not where expected" warnings/errors. And the index of
MyFramework.html ONLY contains links to the LAST processed XXX.h file(s).

I used '-Verbose YES' in AGSDOC_FLAGS, and noticed that [parser source]
(I think) takes 'directory/file.h' and cuts off the 'directory/' part to
create 'file.m'. That would explain, why it can't find the source file.

--
Chris