Re: Problem with (using) autogsdoc

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with (using) autogsdoc
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:14:40 +0100

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 06:04 PM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:43:53 +0100
Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
OK ... those bugs fixed in CVS now I think ... please give it a try.

I'll check it tonight as the sources are at home, unfortunately, but from
looking at AGSParser.m it looks like that fix should do it.

I hope so.

There's another (unrelated) problem in gsdoc.m though. If you specify

  <back>
    <index scope="project" type="class" />
    <index scope="project" type="function" />
    <index scope="project" type="category" />
    <index scope="project" type="protocol" />
  </back>

you'll get a complain that 'category' is a wrong entity (or sth similar,
I really should write those messages down...)

In gsdoc.m, starting at line 4896

              else if ([typeKey isEqual: @"category"])
                {
                  text = textProtocols;
                  typeTitle = @"Categories";
                }

should be 'text = textCategory' ... but I don't think that will give the
above mentioned warning, so you might want to take a closer look.
Btw. you will get the same warning for type="jclass".

The gsdoc tool is obsolete/unsupported and its use is deprecated.
The idea is to update/improve autogsdoc and to remove gsdoc entirely once
people have had enough time to migrate over.