GNUstep icons

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: GNUstep icons
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:21:02 +0300 (EEST)

I'm about to release GWorkspace 0.4. For this reason, speaking on the
#GNUstep channel with other users and developers about the features and
the look and feel of a GNUstep desktop, I noticed that many people (I too)
don't like some of the GNUstep icons actually used for the directories
(common_Folder.tiff, common_HomeDirectory.tiff, etc...).

For this reason, we usually change, for example, common_Folder.tiff with
the folder icon from an old free collection of next-like icons
(http://www.linux.gr/logos/iconstore/).

Here is a screenshot of the resulting look:
http://gnustep-apps.org/fabien/GWorkSpace/screenshots/gworkspaceIconsStep.jpg

We hope to not start a flameware for this; we want only to propose to
change the folder icons with those that, pratically, people is using.