Problems with Terminal.app

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Problems with Terminal.app
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:11:35 +0200

Hi there,
I just tried out Terminal.app and it looks really promising, but I have one
major problem. As I am using a German keyboard, some characters (I am talking
about pipe (|) and tilde (~) in particular) are only available in combination
with the right Alt key (that is AltGr on a German keyboard). Unfortunately,
that does not work in Terminal.app or I am doing something wrong. And as those
characters have a very special meaning in a shell I cannot reasonably use
Terminal.app. Anyone out there who can halp me?

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel