RESOURCES variable in common.make

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: RESOURCES variable in common.make
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:30:27 +0200

Hi Nicola,

What broke the first diffs I send for the directory layout was the
RESOURCES variable in common.make
A lot of dirs that need to be moved from Libraries/Resources to Library
depend on this. That's why I started with Headers, since this one is not
in the RESOURCES var.

To sort things out I am sure we will 'break' applications. But what I
would like to know is is the path you want to take to solve it. I have
thought of three paths to solve this and have probably forgotten a lot
of issues, so I like some ideas, comments, etc.

1) We could add a variable for every sub-dir of Library, like what is
done in common.make already and just add:
GNUSTEP_HEADERS              =
$(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Library/Headers
GNUSTEP_DTDS                      =
$(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Library/DTDs

2) We could point RESOURCES to $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Library and
create a new LIB_RESOURCES for the old resources

3) We could also use a new var:
GNUSTEP_LIBRARY               = $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR/Library
and use that for all sub-dirs and leave RESOURCES untouched.

IMHO I think the 3rd option is the best. As far as I can see only point
2 will not break any apps, all other options will, but 2 is not a clean
one.

Input and ideas very much appreciated

Dennis