mklinux etc

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: mklinux etc
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:47:51 +0200

Hello,

I wanted to get gnustep on my MkLinux pre-R2... up to the point to develop
som applications.

i got the current packages and tried to build them

"objc" doesn't build since it misses "install-sh" in an impossible place

"gui" .8.1 also didn't build. It got errors in pthe "oss" stuff, i picked
.8.0 ant  that compiled fine. (expet warnings)

I then installed everything...

i tried to build some applications, like the workspace.
It builds happily dozens of gile, then complains not finding base shared
library.
The same with the pproject builder.

i compiled and tried to run some of the CLI tests. Most work, some fail with
segfault.

Unfortunately I don't have MkLinux working well with PPP so I need to use
macos to post mails, in the case these problems aren't well known and I have
to be more specific, I can log to a file what is needed and mail it
thereafter. But it's cumpersome (still need to mount read/write HFS
partitions)

-cheers
    Ric