Re: Compile problems with -g ?

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Compile problems with -g ?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:51:15 +0100

> Don't forget to try building a simple testcase for the gcc failure ...

Actyally if you go to the GCC debug page then this what they tell you NOT to
do in very clear and distinct terms :-) Hence I havent.

Is anyone else using gcc3.0.4 and if so then do they see the same effect ?
If other people get the same then I'll treat it as a gcc bug and submit
a bug report - but I am just concerned it might be an artefact of my system
rather than gcc itself.

> can check that it has already been fixed on more recent GCCs)!  It's quite
> long as a process, but might be rewarding :-)

Heh - indeed! I am going to try and work through GSXML and see if I can find
what is tickling the bug if I can (and take it out / rewrite it if possible)

just at the moment the fact that absoluteltelynothing work on my GNUstep
setup is a bit depressing and getting the motivation to try and debug
code when even the debug switch to the compiler fails is hard! But I will
try and take alook over the weekend if I get some time...

-bat. [back to the day job - also writing ObjC as it happens...]