Re: Problem with 'import' directive

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Problem with 'import' directive
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:51:32 +0000 (GMT)

If you think it's a compiler bug (it looks like) please submit the bug to
the GCC bug tracking system at

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl

[It might not get fixed soon, but at least it's recorded, and someone
will hopefully fix at some point.]

> I have problem with #import directive on my Linux Red Hat 7.2 machine (gstep
> 0.8.0, gcc3)
>
> My application has the following structure
>
> A.subproj contains files: A1, A2, ...
> B.subproj contains files: B1, B2, ...
>
> A1 file has import:
> #import "A2"
>
> A2 file has import:
> #import "../B.subproj/B1"
>
> B1 file has import:
> #import "../A.subproj/A2"
>
> Compilation of this project terminate with error:
> ... duplicated declaration of  ... (list of some symbols from A2 file)
>
> I think, that compilator consider importing of files: "A2" and
> "../A.subproj/A2" as two different files.
> (On Solaris 8, or Openstep for Mach systems this problem does not appear)
>
> Is there some solution for this problem ?

As a last resort ... using #include and include guards ? ;-)