Re: Solaris 2.8 Help

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.8 Help
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:15:12 -0700

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 01:31 PM, Vern Kyle wrote:
NSPortTimeoutException: invalidated while awaiting reply

and the console reports:

2003-02-10 20:05:02.232 GWorkspace[469] File NSView.m: 858. In [NSTextField -setFrame:] given negative width
Virtual memory exhausted
Abort(coredump)

Also, I have noticed that running openapp GWorkspace will crash my gdnc
process.

What version of gcc do you have?
Have you installed ffcall or libffi and (if you are NOT using gcc 3.x) gnustep-objc?

communication between gdnc and GNUstep apps won't work without that (which would cause gdnc to crash and the apps to get a timeout exception).