Solaris 2.8 Help

From: Vern Kyle
Subject: Solaris 2.8 Help
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:31:58 -0800

I hope this is the right list.  I am trying to get an installation of GNUstep
on Solaris 2.8 sparc.  I seem to have a complete compile of GNUstep.  I
have compiled GWorkspace as a test application, however, when I try to
start the application, I get a dialog box with:

NSPortTimeoutException: invalidated while awaiting reply

and the console reports:

2003-02-10 20:05:02.232 GWorkspace[469] File NSView.m: 858. In [NSTextField
-setFrame:] given negative width
Virtual memory exhausted
Abort(coredump)

Also, I have noticed that running openapp GWorkspace will crash my gdnc
process.

I have tried running other GNUstep apps as well, but the
NSPortTimeoutException seems to be a common theme.

If anyone can point me in the right directions as far as documentation or
pointers for solaris I would appreciate it.

Thanks.