Re: Problem starting gdomap

From: Kjell Heskestad
Subject: Re: Problem starting gdomap
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:38:23 +0100

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:52:51 +0100
Peter Cooper <comrade@obverse.com.au> wrote:
> Check the output of your netstat -an command. This should show all
> bound ports, and you should see something like:
>
> tcp        0      0  *.538                  *.*
> LISTEN udp        0      0  *.538                  *.*

Hm, no, those aren't bound on my system. Strange then, that gdomap
should fail to start...

> It is also possible that your /etc/hosts file is a bit weird and your
> gdomap is only bound to one interface or another.

No weirder than usual, I hope. :)  It lists 127.0.0.1 as localhost, and
192.168.etc as my machine name. Changing hostname to localhost results
in gdomap failing to connect as well.

Thanks for the reply. I'll search around some more.

{
  Kjell Ø. Heskestad
  never@be.online.no
  kohesk00@stud.hia.no