Re: ANN: GNUstep make/base 1.5.2

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep make/base 1.5.2
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:35:15 +0000

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 07:36  am, Jim McLoughlin wrote:

The GNUstep Base Library, version 1.5.2, is now available.

NOTE: This is a pre-release version for en eventual 1.6.0 stable release. Please test it as much as possible.

What is the GNUstep Base Library?
=================================

I am getting an error when building base after updating my sources. I initially got it after a cvs update, and double checked it with the 1.5.2 base tarball, same thing. Possibly a problem with my setup, if so, I apologize.

error attached.

From the error log ....

 Compiling file GSCategories.m ...
In file included from ../../Headers/Foundation/NSObjCRuntime.h:31,
                 from ../../Headers/Foundation/Foundation.h:29,
                 from GSCategories.m:26:
../../Headers/gnustep/base/GSObjCRuntime.h: In function `GSObjCClass':
../../Headers/gnustep/base/GSObjCRuntime.h:124: structure has no member named `class_pointer' ../../Headers/gnustep/base/GSObjCRuntime.h: In function `GSObjCIsInstance': ../../Headers/gnustep/base/GSObjCRuntime.h:134: warning: implicit declaration of function `CLS_ISCLASS'

The class_pointer instance variable and CLS_ISCLASS macro are declared in the objc runtime headers. If your build is not picking them up, most likely you have some bad header files lying around which are
being picked up before the proper obj runtime headers.

Try building with 'messages=yes' to see what flags are being passed to the compiler, and thus what directories
are being searched to find the headers.