Re: Gnustep on alpha linux

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Gnustep on alpha linux
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:43:38 +0000

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 11:22  pm, Andrew Maier wrote:

Has anyone got Gnustep running on alpha linux (Debian in my case). I
have followed the instructions for compiling Gnustep and have installed
gnustep-make, gnustep-base, gnustep-gui and gnustep-back. It all
compiles (using gcc-3.2.2), albeit with a lot of warnigs which are probably
due to the 64bit nature of the alpha.

I had the basic stuff working a few years ago ... but it's highly likely that some 64bit/byte ordering problems have crept in ... to the best of my knowledge
nobody else has done anything on alpha.

But as soon as I start to start an application (e.g. GWorkspace) I get
the following:

$ openapp GWorkspace
/home/andrew/gnustep/GWorkspace/GWorkspace.app/alpha/linux-gnu/gnu- gnu-gnu/GWorkspace: Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: extra
 object crossref - 256

Does anyone know what this means???

Sounds like a bug in unarchiving something ... perhaps a Gorm file?

You will probably need to build everything with debug and track down
what's going on using gdb or similar.