Re: Gnustep on alpha linux

From: Andrew Maier
Subject: Re: Gnustep on alpha linux
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:28:27 +0100

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:07:41AM -0700, Adam Fedor wrote:
> Well, you could just try removing the cache
> (~/GNUstep/Library/Fonts/Cache/*) and regenerate it with:
>
> font_cacher
>
> Perhaps something went wrong the first time.

I have tried all sorts of things with the font_cacher. It always seems
to give corrupt caches. Things I have tried so far:

remove the ~/GNUstep/Library/Fonts/Cache folder

remove  ~/GNUstep/Library/Fonts/Cache/:0.0

remove the ~/GNUstep/Library/Fonts/Cache/:0.0 file and then create an
empty file as a replacement.

This seemed also crashed, but with a different error:

 Uncaught exception NSRangeException, reason: in getBytes:range:, range
 { 0, 51 } extends beyond size (0)

But that seems to be that it expects that the cache file is not of zero
length if it is there.

So is there a way to live without font_cacher??

I have tried renaming font_cacher, but the I get complaints about
missing fonts: E.g.

 XGFont: selected font: Helvetica at 12.000000 ((nil)) is not available.

and the program stops.

        Andrew