Re: -make and -base ANNOUNCE pages

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: -make and -base ANNOUNCE pages
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:51:52 GMT

Chris B. Vetter <cvetter@allegria.com> wrote:
> That's slightly confusing, as 2 is even and 1 is odd. Maybe the text
> should be changed to "(like 1.5.x)" and "(1.4.x)".

How about:

Note that versions that have an odd minor release number (the second number,
the y in x.y.z) are unstable releases, while even release numbers are
stable releases.  For example, 1.5.2 is unstable, but 1.4.1 is stable.

OK?

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef@jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.