Re: Import non local header locally

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: Re: Import non local header locally
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 01:28:44 +0100

Am Montag, 03.03.03, um 05:33 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Adam Fedor:
On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 03:52 PM, Philip Mötteli wrote:
It's perhaps a stupid question, but I just don't see the solution: I have a header file, that imports another header from the same project. I mean I have:

+FooProject
     |---File Foo.h:    #import <FooFramework/FooBar.h>

The compiler doesn't find the header 'FooBar.h', because the FooFramework isn't yet installed. Unfortunately, this 'FooBar.h' is in a subdirectory of the project, so I can't even just make '-I ..'.
If it would be imported as this

You could put the headers in a separate directory called FooFramework. If you didn't want to do that, you could just make a link when compiling the project:

ln -s ../FooProject FooFramework

and then include the -I.., which would follow the link correctly to find the header

That's about what I finally did. Although I think it would also work without now, because I have changed some stuff in the Makefile. I just don't know, which changement has solved the problem. :-)

Re
Phil