Re: Font system integration

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Font system integration
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:46:41 +0100

On 2003-03-21 17:08:15 +0100 David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de> wrote:

Hi folks,

If possible, I would include all fonts. It would be cool if GNUstep had a "Save to
PDF" button too.

I think that including fonts is necessary, but not all fonts. Standard fonts
(like Helvetica, Times, Symbol, Courier...) should not be included. Maybe if
there was a list of 'standard' fonts, or 'fonts that are not included'
somewhere in */Library/Fonts. It should be system-wide and/or user-configurable
.plist file. (For now it is enough, in the future there shuld be some font
management application or preferences pane for maintaining that list.)

What do you think? (alex?)

Save to PDF is great idea. Is it possible to use ps2pdf somehow as a temporary
solution?

Stefan