Re: GWorkspace openFile & ImageViewer

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GWorkspace openFile & ImageViewer
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:04:44 +0100

Marko Riedel wrote:

thanks for those pointers but I have already done exactly what you
suggest:

(a) implement -application:openFile:
(b) modify GPSTextInfo.plist

No luck so far. I think Enrico's message documents the problem I'm
having.

In particular, I was able to duplicate the "gopen" behavior that he
describes:

> gopen a.rtf
> > "a" is loaded and shown. > > gopen b.rtf > > "b" is not open.

I'm not sure what app he's using there ... Perhaps it's an app which doesn't implement application:openFile: ?

Trying it with Gorm documents, it works fine on my machine ... A single instance of Gorm opens two documents.

My suggestion is that you build the gui library and GWorkspace with debug=yes, then run GWorkspace under gdb and set breakpoints in the code to see what's going wrong.

Also, you could send me a tar image of your current source and I can do that (I always build everything for debug, so it's easy for me). Of course, if it works on my system then we haven't got much closer to a solution.