Re: GWorkspace openFile & ImageViewer

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GWorkspace openFile & ImageViewer
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:39:06 +0100

On Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 02:57  pm, Enrico Sersale wrote:

1) Ink
Ink doesn't implement application:openFile: because it is a document based
application.
Instead of application:openFile: it implements
-loadFileWrapperRepresentation:ofType: and -loadDataRepresentation:ofType.
In this case I'm sure that -loadFileWrapperRepresentation:ofType: is
called only for the first file. The second one is ignored.

I guessed that ... and just looked at Ink.app ...
it didn't implement application:openFile:, so I've added an implementation.

However, I wonder if it's supposed to be a feature of NSDocumentController
that it should implement applicationLopenFile: itsself?

2)Gorm
Gorm implements application:openFile: and the method is correctly called for the first file when the app is also launched and for the second one,
too. But, in this case (the second file) no window appears.

It worked for me ...

Here I've all the libraries and the applications built with debug=yes, so, adding some breakpoints in Gorm, I can see that -openFile:withApplication: works correctly but, after [[doc window] makeKeyAndOrderFront: self];, no
window appears.

I think that must be a Gorm specific (or possibly gui) bug relating to the actual
display of the window rather than anything to do with opening files.