Re: ANN: HelpViewer 0.3 (fwd)

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: ANN: HelpViewer 0.3 (fwd)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:34:27 +0100

On 2003-04-15 19:11:57 +0000 Willem Rein Oudshoorn <woudshoo@xs4all.nl> wrote:

Hi,

I just have released HelpViewer 0.3 :-)
This is a major rewrite, it should now deal way better with big files ("lazy"

I just tested it and I noticed a few "glitches"

- When you click in a browser column, the item is highlighed GOOD,
   but also the column is scrolled such that the highlighted item is  the last
visible item.  I would not expect any scrolling.

Well, it's needed as you have sections ...

- Clicking in the browser does not screem to scroll the textview.   I expect
that the item I select is at least visible but nothing happens.

Yes, that's not a bug ... I didn't "backported" this feature with the new
version.

- The nice symbols like the ! > I see on the screenshot on your website, well
   I do not see them on my computer.

Because they are png files ... I forgot to convert them to tiff, and if you
don't have
png support on gnustep, they can't be used.

Please contact me if you experience some bugs or if you have ideas for improving
HelpViewer :-)

Well, you could look at http://www.xs4all.nl/~wim/GNUstep/autogsdoc.html,
there are now Base.help and Gui.help as generated with autogsdoc.

It seems there is a problem, 404 error ...

Disclaimers:  The xlp files generated are not correct xlp files, so there
are a few quirks that are completely my fault.  My priority when I work at
autogsdoc is the TeX output, so quite a few autogsdoc tags are not implemented
for xlp.

It would help if you could find the time to document the xlp format.

Yes. The format isn't very complicate (see the examples, mainly
Helpviewer.help), but an exact and up to date documentation won't hurt ...

--
Nicolas Roard