Re: ANN: HelpViewer 0.3 (fwd)

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: ANN: HelpViewer 0.3 (fwd)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:19:02 +0200

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 11:58:07AM +0100, Nicolas Roard wrote:

> >>Well, it's needed as you have sections ...
> >
> >I don't understand this.  What has the scrolling in the browser to do with
> >sections.
>
> Well, if the browser scroll, that's because the item have subsections;
> it's the normal browser's behavior. I have perhaps misunderstood your
> problem; what do you want to say by "last visible item" ? the browser
> scroll only if there is no "free" column on its right, and it scroll only by
> one column.
> That's the normal browser's behavior. It works like that here with
> HelpViewer.help.
Ok sorry, I meant vertically scrolling.

Before:

+---------+                 +----------+
| Item E  |  click item F   | Item D   |
| Item F  |  ============>  | Item E   |
| Item G  |                 |<Item F>  |
+---------+                 +----------+

> >Yes, I made a typo:
> >
> >http://www.xs4all.nl/~woudshoo/GNUstep/autogsdoc.html
>
> Ok ... there is now a 404 when I try to get Base and Gui help files :-)
> anyway I downloaded autogsdoc and generated some .xlp ...
> The problem with thoses xlp files is that, they are xlp files and not a
> .help
> bundle; and many sections aren't well closed. They use also the "part" tag,
> but I think that using the "chapter" tag instead would be better.

I thought that was fixed.
After looking at the webpage it seems that I messed it up quite bad:

- file permissions that are wrong
- link of the newest version points to an old version.

I fixed this (I hope).   So you could try again with a newer
version or with Base.help etc.

I will look at the rest of your reply later.

Wim Oudshoorn.