Re: project goal Re: Release schedule

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: project goal Re: Release schedule
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:43:48 +0100

On 2003-04-17 19:57:15 +0000 Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote:

On Thursday 17 April 2003 14:58, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

    Again, there is no GNUstep desktop environment,

Yes, so I read. But still, if a toolkit demands daemons to run, pretty much
presupposes certain capabilities in the window manager (don't run a GNUstep
under kwin, for instance), and if the whole infrastructure seems inspired by a
classic desktop environment, I feel that it seems to as close to one as makes
no difference. Without that environment, GNUstep applications are so much less
useful. With that environment, you get a very fine user experience. Or,
currently, a hint of what that experience could be. I'd really like to have
that experience.

In fact, GNUstep in itself is more an equivalent of KDE-libs (or gnome-libs)
than
simply Qt or Gtk ... But in themselves KDE-libs or gnome-libs or GNUstep aren't
a desktop; they are
just the foundation of a desktop ...

--
Nicolas Roard