Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.1 (fwd)

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.1 (fwd)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:23:13 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, MJ Ray wrote:

> I get this exception when trying to drag and drop something onto the
> recycler, whose icon is not displayed properly:
>
> Uncaught exception NSInvalidArgumentException, reason: NSTask - launch
> path (fopexec) not valid
>
> This is a System directory installation of GWorkspace.  I am using
> the releases of GNUstep named on the web site.  If I can give you more
> information to help debug this, please let me know.
>
> MJR

Are you using an old version of the gnustep libraries? Actually, all the
Tools directories as, for example, "/usr/GNUstep/System/Tools" and its
subdirectories, should be in your PATH.
"fopexec" is a tool so, the launchPath of the NSTask that launches it is,
simply, "fopexec".
Anyway, if the tool exists in your Tools directory, try to edit
Utilities/Backgrounder/FileOperation.m in the GWorkspace source dir and,
at line 228, substitute: cmd = @"fopexec"; with the full path of the
fopexec tool.