Re: NSScroller, NSSliderCell, NSProgressIndicator patch -> NeXTStepish N

From: Michael Hanni
Subject: Re: NSScroller, NSSliderCell, NSProgressIndicator patch -> NeXTStepish NSScroller, NSSliderCell, NSProgressIndicator patch -> NeXTStepish
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:23:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Daniel,

First off: cool stuff. Keep it up!

--- Daniel Luederwald <das_flip@gmx.de> wrote:

> attached is a patch which gives mentioned widgets a more NeXTStepish look
> (stippled backgrounds, percent-marks on NSProgressIndicator).
> The stippled background is created by tileing an image (common_Stippled.tiff)
> on the background (code borrowed and modified from Nicolas Roard's excellent
> Camaelon).

Ok, the percent-marks are tres cool! The stippled background in the progress
indicator, on the other hand, is a little weird for me. The one screenshot that
I saw of this on OS had everything as you do except instead of stipple the
background is just [NSColor grayColor];.

For scrollbars the stippling is somehow not correct. I get some patches where
the control color comes through in small boxes and the horizontal bar is almost
completely solid control color with a small line of stipple along the top.
However this works fine for sliders... (this is with the first patch and the
second.)

Speaking of which, I kinda like the sliders with a solid background as it
further reinforces the difference between the slider and a scroller. Something
to think about.

> One known bug is that the progressbar in NSProgressIndicator (if beveled) is
> sometimes a bit (pixel on my machine) off to the left or to the right,
> depends on the size and current value.

Sounds like you happen to have a really long float, sometimes that causes
things to look a little out of place. I'm running into something like this with
my tab view work.

Anyhow, like I said before, cool stuff!

Cheers,

Michael