Re: speed of Obj-C vs. C++(slightly OT)

From: Martin Häcker
Subject: Re: speed of Obj-C vs. C++(slightly OT)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:16:30 +0200

I'm starting some work in a computational finance program where they insist on C and C++ due to the high computational demands of the work will be doing (large simulations, etc.).

I would like to do my work in obj-c/gnustep/OSX, but am wondering if anyone has links to relevant benchmarks (any type of scientific computing) in case I need to defend that decision.

You could either use a C-Package for the heavy work, or you could do the backend in C++ and the frontend in Cocoa on OS X.

Though that makes it impossible to port it to GnuStep the advantage would be that you get the best of both worlds (C++ computation/Obj-C fast and maintainable gui building)

cu Martin
--
dont.wanna.tell
[ot]coder - hehe