Re: GNUstep installation - a 'Newbie' question

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: GNUstep installation - a 'Newbie' question
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:07:07 -0400

Can I install gnustep? If yes, how? If no, what I need to learn?

The sad thing is that this is very dependent on your operating system,
environment, and distribution.  I suppose we need packages for each distro but
that's probably a lot of work to maintain.

I'm using Gentoo and love it.  I've got a basic package layout hierarchy for
the Gentoo portage system but just haven't been able to scrimp together the
time or gumption to learn the ebuild format.  I've emailed Gentoo maintainers
to ask about help with constructing ebuilds but gotten nothing back.