ANN: GWorkspace 0.6

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:40:01 +0300

This is the first version of GWorkspace released with the FSF copyright, so I
think that the jump from 0.5.3 to 0.6 was needed :-)

The most visible change from the user point of view is the new Tabbed Shelf;
actually, it looks like that OpenStep 4.0 shelf, visible at
http://www.occam.com/images/pics/OS4M.gif, but acts as a normal GWorkspace
shelf.
I'm waiting for suggestions regarding what to do with it...
Put the recycler on it, for example. An other idea is to let it accept dnd or
paste of other pasteboard types, saving, in this case, the pasteboard data.
This should be something like the old Mac's ScrapbookFile, if somebody remember
it.

Internally, I've moved from the main GWorkspace class to GWLib all the methods
that are needed for the basic functionality of a workspace application.
GWLib reads from the defaults the name of the application main class and the name of the method to
use to get an istance of it; if there are no entries, these values will be "GWorkspace"
and "gworkspace".

GWorkspace is at:
www.gnustep.it/enrico/gworkspace